Mocha, shiba inu, is 11 months old and always trying to get her paws on some authentic human food.
She follows me around everywhere and can hear the crinkle of a potato chip, candy, cookie, or any other snack bag from what seems like miles away. The moment I pick up a bag of snacks, she'll come running even if she's on a different floor of the house than I!

Above: Mocha says, "I want pretzel chips, too!"
Because she shouldn't be munching on human treats, I picked up something especially for her!

Above: Yogurt-covered dog treat by Daisy's Delights
I picked this cookie up at Susiecakes in Calabasas, CA while I was getting a cupcake for myself (they are definitely my favorite cupcake place in town!), as Susiecakes also carries a nice selection of dog treats.


Mocha is way too excited, but I manage to get her to "sit" and "stay" for this photo.

The moment I give her the treat, she's licking off the yogurt and sprinkle covering! Mocha also doesn't have a very strong bite, so this cookie takes awhile for her to break off.

After eating off almost the entire yogurt-covered side, I let Mocha have the cookie and she promptly starts munching under the coffee table.

However, it's pretty typical of Mocha to not finish her treats all at once. Anything she can't or doesn't want to finish off eating, she tries to "hide." Her favorite spots are in the corners of the house, under the bed skirts, behind drapes, and under the computer desk to just name a few! If I point out to her that I can see her cookie, she'll whine and move it to another spot. This hiding and re-hiding process often goes on for
days. It's pretty hilarious.

Mocha will be one year old next month; her birthday is only a couple of days after my own! Perhaps I will try to find her some more dog-friendly treats to celebrate with me!
Hahah Mocha is so cute!
ReplyDeletemocha is such a cutie pie! i'd love to meet her one day ^^
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute dog! And the dog treat is cute too o_o seems a human cookie!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely Shiba Inu~ She looks very young! I hope that one day I can visit SF for a Lolita meetup and perhaps bring my dog over as well. He's an American Eskimo~ XD
ReplyDelete