Wednesday, April 11, 2012

tokyo, here I come!

Long time, no post!

The grad school applications are almost complete and at this point, it's a waiting game. In 10 days, I'll be taking my first out-of-country vacation (and first big trip with my boyfriend Jon) to Tokyo, Japan! Ever since I was a teenager, I've always wanted to visit Japan and I finally bit the bullet in 2012 and decided that this would be the year to make it happen.



Above: Shibuya at Sunset
(Source: Tokyo Fashion)


I'm very excited that I will have Jon with me during the entire trip and it definitely doubles as some much needed rest from work. As a bonus, my former roommate Becca will be joining us during the first weekend we are there.

In anticipation, Jon and I decided to quit eating Japanese food for this month leading up to the trip. (For those who know us, it seems that our joint meals completely consist of Japanese izakaya grub and curry, as well as Korean soondubu or "tofu soup," so this has been no easy feat!)

I plan to take a bunch of photos documenting our adventures so look forward to future Tokyo travel posts! I'm especially looking forward to seeing Harajuku, the fish market, sumo, cherry blossoms (if any are left at all!), Tokyo Disney Sea, and perhaps an onsen if we are game.

I may try to make another post or two before I leave. But if not, know that there will be some awesome things to share with you when I get back in May!

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! Have a wonderful time Lauren! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww what an exciting trip! i also want to go visit japan soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmygosh how fun! glad you're able to take a trip :D can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...